How to find the best bathroom and shower chairs for after hip replacement?
Moving around in the bathroom can be quite problematic after hip surgery or even with hip problems. As a result, bathroom and shower chairs are specifically designed to solve for this problem, helping someone be comfortable and safe when in the bathroom or shower. In particular the design features are based on helping a person with comfort, without exerting pressure or strain on their hip. Our top pick as the best chair for after hip replacement recovery is the Platinum Health Shower Chair Bath Chair Padded with Armrests, however choices 2-5 are also excellent for what they offer.
After hip replacement surgery, there should not be any stress or strain on the hip and continuous sitting and standing while in the bathroom might cause pain and discomfort. Good bathroom and shower chairs provide comfort, with adjustable height settings, padded seat and armrests and non-slip features to make this as comfortable as possible.
We’ve done the hard work for you in our review below by looking at the top 5 best bathroom and shower chairs for after hip replacement recovery or to manage hip pain in general when having a bath or shower. We provide our overall verdict and what we liked about each, to help you make an informed decision. If you are looking for hip chairs outside the bathroom and shower, then we have some choices here.
Top 5 Best Bathroom and Shower Chairs For After Hip Replacement Recovery
- Our Top Choice – Platinum Health Shower Chair Bath Chair Padded with Armrests
- Best Value Option – OasisSpace Heavy Duty Shower Chair with Back and Arms
- Best Lightweight Option – OasisSpace Heavy Duty Shower Chair with Back – Bathtub Chair
- Equal Best Budget Option – Medline Shower Chair Bath Seat with Padded Armrests and Back
- Equal Best Budget Option – Drive Medical Premium Series Shower Chair with Back and Arms
1. Platinum Health Shower Chair Bath Chair Padded with Armrests (Our Top Choice)
Verdict: If you are looking for a chair that is comfortable and easy to clean, then this is the hip chair for you. Beautifully designed this will offer the comfort you need to deal with any post recovery pain. It is simply one of the best bathroom and shower chairs for after hip replacement recovery.
- Padded Seat and armrests provide comfortable, warm-to-the-touch seating and minimizes the risk of skin years and subsequent infections
- Height Adjustable Seat allows the chair to be custom fitted to the user for optimal safety and comfort
- Super easy to clean with the polyurethane padding never absorbing water and the softer surface prevents users from slipping and sliding.
2. OasisSpace Heavy Duty Shower Chair with Back and Arms (Best Value Option)
Verdict: Excellent quality chair that is made from strong durable material. Offers sturdiness and comfort for a price that offers good value for what you’re getting in this chair.
- Cheaper, affordable option
- Sturdy, secure and durable
- Cut-out seat and comfortable
- Detachable Arms and Backrest
- Adjustable Height Legs
3. OasisSpace Heavy Duty Shower Chair with Back – Bathtub Chair (Best Lightweight Option)
Verdict: Good value for money here with a chair that is perfectly designed for durability and comfort. The anti-skid non-slip legs provide exceptional stability for the chair. Very impressive design.
- Bath Chair is contoured seat and backrest are padded with a waterproof foam for superior comfort
- Lightweight and Durable it is constructed with a corrosion-resistant aluminum frame, the lightweight shower stool frame supports up to 300 pounds
- Anti-skid, Non-slip angled legs provide exceptional stability for the shower chair. Each leg is also capped with anti-skid, non-slip rubber tips for added safety and security; prevent sliding
- Height Setting is easily adjust the height of the shower stool to create a secure, customized experience.
4. Medline Shower Chair Bath Seat with Padded Armrests and Back (Equal Best Budget Option)
Verdict: A popular product from Medline with excellent design features for sturdiness, durability and ease of use. Can be used in the bath or shower and very comfortable.
- Bath and shower chair provides safe and comfortable bathing and showering.
- Height adjustable with a sturdy, durable aluminum frame
- Non-slip feet secures chair to the tub or shower floor; rust resistant and easy to clean
- Bath and shower chair supports up to 350 lbs.
5. Drive Medical Premium Series Shower Chair with Back and Arms (Equal Best Budget Option)
Verdict: A simple, lightweight design that does the job. Cleverly designed with comfort and sturdiness in mind.
- Enhanced comfort seat fits all shapes and sizes.
- Tool-Free removal of back, legs, and arms for easy storage and portability
- Lightweight design has large stable legs with soft non-slip feet