Are you searching the internet for the best raised toilet seat for yourself or a loved one?
Raised toilet seats are recommended for Individuals who suffer from mobility issues, are recovering from surgery, have suffered a recent accident or injury, or need help balancing themselves. Raised toilet seats or elevated toilet seats are devices that are positioned in place of or on top of the regular seat.
A raised toilet seat helps place the individual in a higher position making it easier and safer to sit on the toilet. Most individuals with the problems we listed before may have trouble sitting down on low toilet seats. Raised toilet seats are meant to reduce the distance between the standing and sitting positions and reduce the chance of fall or injury.
Top 6 Best Raised Toilet Seat (2022 Review)
You’ll find plenty of raised toilet seats available in the market, but very few hit the mark. Here we’ll list some of the top raised toilet seats we’ve come across this year to make your search worthwhile! You are looking for the best raised toilet seats for elderly or the best raised toilet seat for knee replacement, this guide has you covered.
Verdict: The PCP raised toilet seat comes with a lightweight, compact design and can easily fit in nearly all bathrooms. It has a very practical design, featuring handlebars along the sides as well for additional support. You’ll find it the best raised toilet seat for use by both seniors and disabled individuals.
- The PCP-raised toilet seat comes pre-assembled and ready for use. Simply position it over the toilet bowl.
- It allows you to adjust the seat and commode height as needed at 1” intervals. The complete height ranges from 18”-23”.
- The toilet seat features a lightweight, portable design that is easy to place and remove when not in use.
- Comes with armrests for additional support; these armrests feature vinyl hand grips.
- Perfect for use among seniors and disabled individuals, particularly those suffering from knee/hip fracture, back and lower back surgery, strain, or muscle injury.
Verdict: The OasisSpace stand-alone toilet seat is perfect for use by seniors and the disabled. The raised toilet seat with arms features a sturdy aluminum frame that allows for stable support while sitting or rising from your toilet. The best raised toilet seat is easy to assemble, move, and use.
- The OasisSPace stand-alone raised toilet seat is constructed using corrosion-resistant aluminum, making it both lightweight and durable.
- Comes equipped with arm handles and comfort grips, easy to grip to avoid imbalance and falls in the bathroom
- Features a soft, warm padded seat that allows you to sit for extended periods without feeling discomfort
- Adjustable height can be adjusted from 26.7”-31.4”.
- Easy to assemble (can be assembled in just 8 minutes) since it comes with a few limited parts and makes for a simple design
Verdict: The AUITOA 4-in-1 raised toilet seat is perfect for use by individuals who are recovering from injury and need extra support. Since this elevated toilet seat also offers 3 additional functions, most people prefer it over others. It is sturdy, easy to assemble, and gives you the additional support you need.
- The AUITOA 4-in-1 raised toilet seat can be used as a raised toilet seat along with 3 other functions, a bedside commode chair, a shower chair, and a toilet safety frame.
- Individuals can adjust the height of the raised toilet using 5 different settings; the total height of the seat ranges from 17.7 – 21.7 inches.
- Also features a detachable backrest, which allows you to sit back with ease, alleviating pressure on the back and spine.
- The handrails are covered with soft, waterproof, non-slip foam, which provides additional support and safety.
- Easy to assemble, can be assembled in just 5 minutes for use.
- The soft, waterproof, padded cushion is easy to clean and comfortable to sit on.
Verdict: Unlike most toilet seats listed here, the NOVA hinged toilet seat riser lacks arm frames. However, it can be attached to your existing toilet frame. It is sturdy in design, easy to install if you have a screwdriver at hand, and easy to clean. Individuals who need a little extra support in the bathroom will find this product to be helpful.
- Can be added over the existing toilet to elevate its height by 3.75”.
- Easy to install, it can be secured to your toilet seat using a standard screwdriver, so it remains secure while in use. (Comes with the bolts needed to install into your toilet seat)
- Unlike other raised toilet seats, you can use the NOVA hinged toilet seat riser over your original toilet seat and lid.
- Features a hinge design, making it easier to lift the toilet seat up and down
- Manufactured using high-quality plastic that is durable and easy to clean
Verdict: The Medline heavy-duty padded arm drop commode is manufactured using latex-free material, safe for use by disabled individuals and seniors alike. It features a sturdy frame including arm and backrests giving the user extreme comfort when seated. The raised toilet seat with arms is also easy to assemble for users at home.
- Features armrests that provide extra support to individuals; they can also be pushed out of the way with a button if needed.
- It comes with a padded commode seat that is comfortable and soft for the user.
- Perfect for use by individuals in wheelchairs who need immediate transfers.
- Comes equipped with a splash guard
- Also comes with a padded backrest to alleviate stress on the back and spine.
- Height can be adjusted; the total seat height range is 18.25″ – 23.25.”
Verdict: The RMS raised toilet seat is easy to install and remove for cleaning when needed. Without needing any additional components, it still offers stable mounting onto your toilet. The raised toilet seat with handles is well-made, comfortable, and perfect for use by individuals healing from surgery or injury.
- The RMS raised toilet seat is manufactured using lightweight and durable composite material.
- You do not need any additional tools to install onto your toilet bowl as it offers tool-free installation.
- Comes with padded armrests for additional support; you can also adjust the width of the armrests as needed from 18.5″ to 21.5.”
- The elevated toilet seat adds an additional 5″ of height to any standard toilet.
- Can handle up to 300 pounds weight capacity
A lot of good options in the list above to invest in a good-quality best raised toilet seat that meets your budget and preferences.